The resumption of shopping malls will cause the second wave of KOVID-19 - Galves.

The chief executive of the government's response to KOVID-19 intercepted calls asking to reopen shopping malls amid the threat of KOVID-19.

Posted  17 Views updated 3 months ago
Image

The chief executive of the government's response to KOVID-19 intercepted calls asking to reopen shopping malls amid the threat of KOVID-19.

"Ko's personal vision, Kapag binuxan agad natin ang mga mall posibleng magkarun second wave of KOVID-19," said Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. in an interview with Dobol Bsa News.

Previously, Joey Concepcion, Presidential Advisor on Entrepreneurship, suggested gradually reopening the malls, giving preference to rental stores with high consumer demand. 

Concepción also recommended that public transportation, construction and all production activities be allowed to resume.

However, according to Gálvez, "Kapag binuksan natin ang lahat ng negosyo maaaring malagay sa [alanganin] ang kalusugan ng mamayan".

A cabinet official said members of the Interagency Working Group on Emerging Infectious Diseases agreed that "we can't rush things.

If the government is pressured to transition from enhanced quarantine throughout Luzon to "selective quarantine," Galvez said the "new standard" will be observed in areas where the quarantine has been lifted.

"The new standard is social distance, use of masks, protection of the elderly... and large Wala na muna 'yan communities," he said.

"Yung mga i-o-open natin na mga negosyo kailangan responsible sa kanilang mga employed at kanilang mga buyer," he said.

"Dapat hindi lang government ang nag-a-adjust." Dapat pati ang private sector," he added.

In a separate interview, Concepción agreed that the government should move to selective quarantine.

"Instead of blocking barangay cities, a standard of living has been made," she said.

"It attacks the virus where it is, which is in the community," Concepción said.

The quarantine of the entire community of Luzon has been increased to April 30.

As of Friday, the country had 5,878 confirmed cases of COVID-19, according to the Ministry of Health. The death toll has reached 387 and those recovered 487. -Ted Cordero/KG, GMA News


Your reaction?

0
LOL
0
LOVED
0
PURE
0
AW
0
FUNNY
0
BAD!
0
EEW
0
OMG!
0
ANGRY
0 Comments

loading...